The IM Project Manager will be responsible for the collaborative leadership of assigned projects involving interdisciplinary teams. The IM Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, control and closure activities for assigned projects. The position is responsible for entire project life cycle from original concept through final implementation and transition to maintenance and support. The position facilitates the work of the project team, insuring on-time, on-budget completion of the work efforts. The position will interact with all stakeholders affected by the project, including executive/project sponsors, end-users, operational owners, IM services and vendors and front line staff. A project that's significant enough to have a project manager assigned to it often involves many different elements. Multiple departments may carry the responsibilities of different assignments, but the project manager is responsible for making sure that all departments come together in a timely manner to complete the overall goal. This requires the ability to schedule tasks and coordinate with various team members to accomplish the results. The completed project may require different layers to be performed by different teams. Project managers are therefore responsible for keeping the projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times. The only way that a project manager can successfully perform these tasks is through communication. It is very important for project managers to communicate frequently with all members that are involved in the project and not make any assumptions. A failure to effectively communicate at any layer of the project could result in missed deadlines, unsatisfactory performance and poor outcomes.
1. Responsible for overall project management of assigned projects, from initiation through final completion and transition for sustainability of outcomes as directed by IM PMO leadership.
2. Ability to work effectively with multiple levels of organizational staff from front line to senior leaders.
3. Facilitates and manages multi-disciplinary teams assigned to various projects; assists operational owners to set goals and priorities for project.
4. Collaborate closely with operational process owners to develop and refine project plans to effectively achieve the desired outcomes including budgetary needs.
5. Maintain accurate project plans to ensure timely completion of activities as designed, modifying with collaboration of project leadership timelines and expectations to ensure successful outcomes.
6. Develops, executes and manages detailed project/work plans, schedules, project estimates for resource requirements and status reports. Manages activities of project staff and acts as central coordinator of project communication.
7. Effective issue resolution and conflict management skills throughout the process to ensure the team continues to move forward.
8. Effective communication skills to keep both the project team and the department leadership informed of project progress, highlighting any issues/barriers with possible solution plans, and reinforcing a team-focused culture for the project.
9. Involved in developing communication plans of improvement/change efforts.
10. Recognition of ownership to the various processes, i.e., operational leads as owners of the work process being worked on, project manager with joint leadership to maintain momentum of the project while respecting others.
11. Follow department processes and protocols to support effective oversight across all projects in play at any given time. Insures that projects are performed to Information Management Department Standards.
12. Builds and maintains a strong partnership and cohesive support with the entire hospital community.
13. Foster teamwork and camaraderie among project teams and assist with coordination of activities to support these efforts.
14. The Project Manager will interface regularly with Directors, Senior Directors, and Vice Presidents.
15. Supports Senior Project Managers on large-scale projects the IM PMO Office.
16. This position is IM Specific.
17. Participates in management of work orders.
18. Participates in development, documentation and improvement of departmental processes around projects and work orders.
19. Insures departmental standards are maintained for client and server hardware, operating systems, client images and clinical and business applications.
20. Serves as liaison to vendors for equipment specifications, acquisitions and installation.
21. Serves as liaison and facilitator between IM/IT department staff, vendor staff and operational departments.
22. Manages integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
1. Bachelor's degree required.
2. Project management experience in the healthcare industry required, 3-5 years preferred. Project Management certification preferred.
3. Demonstrated experience in managing complex enterprise intra/interdepartmental projects.
4. Experience in project management and system implementation and/or managing healthcare IT projects a plus. Experience with Epic applications a plus.
5. Excellent project management, organizational skills and developing change management skills. Able to organize and manage a project from initiation to implementation.
6. Effective communication, conflict resolution and problem resolution skills, including facilitation of groups, presenting to groups at all levels, assisting others to present effectively.
7. Effective listening skills to understand various perspectives and ability to synthesize findings to achieve results.
8. Excellent analytical and process/systems thinking skills; excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Demonstrated skills in the use of excel, visio, power point, and other Microsoft Office products. MS project preferred.
10. Excellent written and verbal delivery skills.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to understand and articulate the needs of the customer and assist them in making the necessary decisions to accomplish their objectives.
12. Demonstrated ability in earning creditability with leaders across the healthcare organization including clinicians.
13. Ability to challenge team members to perform against designated timelines in a team-oriented manner.
14. Experience in an Academic Medical Center is preferred.
Requisition ID: 2019-11315
Street: 680 N Lake Shore Drive