The IT Citrix Engineer Sr. is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, operating and troubleshooting daily remote access technologies. The engineer must have over 5 years of experience in development, testing, implementation and support of large Citrix systems. The engineer is responsible for taking care of all the administrative tools in the Citrix environment and use them to monitor performance and rectify any errors that occur within the Citrix service. They should have proficiency in ITIL and other IT operations frameworks. The engineer should be able to provide all the necessary support for Citrix Infrastructure. In addition, this position requires the individual to have a master level understanding of application development tools, processes, and technologies and to assume responsibility for the successful completion of complex project tasks.
1) Installation, configuration and support of Citrix environments.
2) Installation, configuration and support of NetScaler SDX/VPX.
3) Continually assess Citrix environments, solutions and tools for security compliance requirements and goals
4) Develops and documents procedures for assigned solutions and services.
+ a) Monitors and report on performance for all assigned applications and services.
5) Implements and maintains server and client systems (computer hardware, operating systems and application software) as assigned or in association with application or technology systems projects. The engineer will be responsible for one or more of these technology areas:
+ a. Citrix infrastructure
+ b. Microsoft server administration including relative networking and application technical support
+ c. Microsoft Group Policy creation, troubleshooting and support.
+ d. VMware vSphere (Citrix usage)
6) Serves as liaison to vendors for software maintenance.
7) Mentors more junior technical staff and/or IM Applications and other IM team members.
8) Participates in other department or organizational project tasks as required.
9) Completes assigned Service Desk support tickets within IM Department standards
10) Other job functions as assigned.
1) Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Technology/Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
2) Citrix certifications are highly preferred.
3) Ability to work as either a team lead or team member in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
4) Demonstrated software project management skills and experience in both team member and leader roles.
5) Five (5) plus years of knowledge and experience working in a Citrix environment including software development skills, and techniques including but not limited:
+ a) Installation, configuration and support of Citrix environments.
+ b) Experience with relevant programming languages and tools – Microsoft, .Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, C#, Windows PowerShell Scripting, etc.
+ c) Use of software tools and IDEs, including Microsoft Visual Studio and GitHub
+ d) 5 years’ experience with design, implementation and support of relevant Microsoft Windows servers and client operating system in a complex enterprise network environment. This include advanced experienced with Microsoft Active Directory, DFS, DNS/DHCP, security and policy design and technology support.
+ e) 5 years’ experience in information systems within a health care provider organization is desired.
6) Five (5) plus years of experience working with Citrix technology in both on-premise and cloud environments.
7) Five (5) plus years of experience with Microsoft 365 services.
8) Master level skills in relevant network technologies, e.g. general networking,
9) Possesses Best Practice Change Management and Documentation skills.
10) Analytical thinking for effective problem determination and correction is essential.
11) Excellent time and project management skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, system diagnostic and communication (written and oral) are critical for success in this position
Requisition ID: 2020-13626
Street: 680 N Lake Shore Drive