Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Integrity Investigations and Intelligence team is dedicated to protecting the users of the Facebook family of applications (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus) from a multitude of threats including: dangerous organizations and individuals, advanced threat/nation-state actors, and human trafficking and exploitation. We are seeking an experienced threat investigator to detect and track adversary groups both on and off the Facebook platform, investigate complex threats, advance investigative methods, and use innovative approaches to protecting people from offline harm. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging, complicated, and high-visibility security risks the company is facing. The ideal candidate will be an innovative self-starter, who is motivated by our mission and results-driven, and will be able to extract, assimilate, and correlate a wide variety of data in order to surface and disrupt sophisticated actors. The candidate must have a deep understanding of scripting languages such as PHP or Python and will be expected to be comfortable with various technical investigative skills.
1. Proactively hunt for threats and undetected abuse by leveraging internal data, open-source intelligence, and third party private intelligence.
2. Investigate complex cases to understand in granular detail how abuse is occurring and attribute the person(s) responsible. Identify and implement appropriate online and offline enforcement strategies to mitigate harm both in the current case and from similar forward-looking abuse.
3. Research how threats show up within the ecosystem and deeply understand how abuse manifests. Discover and clearly explain emerging threats and trends, with an emphasis on geopolitical, cultural or societal-specific differences where appropriate.
4. Analyze and interpret large datasets to advance investigations, quantify trends or support findings.
5. Identify effective strategies to prevent or disrupt abuse at scale. Consult on the design of countermeasures to effect those strategies.
6. Take a leadership role in suggesting, prototyping, and teaching novel investigative techniques.
7. Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material.
8. 3+ years experience working with Python, PHP or similar scripting languages
9. 3+ years work experience in government, intelligence organization, cyber security, and/or private sector security investigations and intelligence
10. Proven experience conducting large scale data analysis and utilizing big data tools such as Maltego, Palantir, Tableau, etc.
11. Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
12. Experience investigating and acting on high-impact threats such as APT actors, global terrorist organizations, misinformation campaigns
13. Experience prioritizing and executing with minimal direction or oversight
14. Regional knowledge and/or language skills
15. Experience working with a team spanning multiple locations/time zones
16. Familiarity with sophisticated criminal or nation-state threats
17. Experience with open source investigation techniques and familiarity with a variety of internet research tools
18. BS/MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity or related field
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.