Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. We are committed to designing and building Facebook apps and technologies—the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Workplace, Portal and Novi—to serve a diverse global community. Facebook is looking for a Product Design Manager with exceptional design, communication and people management skills. As a Product Design Manager, you will lead and manage teams to ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. In this role, you'll be a foundational member on the leadership team, working together with your counterparts in engineering, data science, UX research, content design, and other disciplines to define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide the team to build great products addressing real user needs. You will be expected to utilize your full range of people management skills, product strategy, product design, interaction design and visual design skills. This posting represents different full-time roles across the Facebook company.
1. Build and manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers and leaders that consistently delivers on projects and is well-balanced across a range of design skill sets
2. Responsible for overall team performance and health, resource allocation, project prioritization, and building a culture of design excellence
3. Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content designers
4. Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products for our 3 plus billion users
5. Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Facebook products
6. Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
7. Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
8. Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
9. Cultivate a healthy design process for the team, and be a key contributor to your organization's product strategy
10. Effectively communicate your team's product goals (both within the team and outside the team), and connect related projects across the company so that problems or joint decisions can be resolved quickly
11. 3+ years experience managing and mentoring teams in highly matrixed organizations
12. 4+ years of design experience, encompassing interaction design and visual design with proficiency designing across platforms
13. 4+ years of experience working cross functionally with teams such as engineering, design and user research
14. Experience building and shipping applications or software across a variety of platforms
15. Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking with the experience developing product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company
16. Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
17. Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
18. Experience working on large scale, complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
19. Experience managing managers
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.