**Type of Requisition:** Regular
**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** Top Secret
**Job Family:** Supply Chain
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Systems Administrator I joining our team to support our partnership with Microsoft in support of the Microsoft Data Centers.
At GDIT, we foster a people-centric environment. As a Supply Technician, you will be trusted to work on a team this is providing audit/status reports at the cadence determined in the Runbook process.
(6) Perform shipping, receiving, and material transfer activities as directed in GDCO App Tickets and in compliance with “Data Bearing Device” (“DBD”) handling procedures and controls. The services will be 24x7x365 and operated from three Microsoft Data Centers located in Manassas, VA, Cheyenne, WY and San Antonio, TX.
In this role, a typical day may require the following skills:
IT inventory and asset management Services in response to “Logistics Services Tickets” or other types of Tickets:
1) Warranty parts processing activities that will include, but not be limited to:
a. Processing of defective IT assets warranty Tickets through use of currently established OEM processes where applicable; and
b. Helping to create a process with third-party vendors to ensure RMA processing of IT assets under warranty are handled appropriately.
(2) Asset/inventory management activities that will include, but not be limited to:
a. Maintenance of IT infrastructure parts inventory and data base accuracy; and
b. Performance of weekly inventory audit reconciling IT infrastructure parts in inventory with the inventory management system and investigating discrepancies to resolution with Microsoft.
(3) Maintain storage room cleanliness and organization. Collaborate with Data Center site services in ensuring storage room procedures are followed.
(4) Maintain consumable inventories (cabling, materials and supplies) at the levels set per Data Center site requirements.
(5) Provide audit/status reports at the cadence determined in the Runbook process.
(6) Perform shipping, receiving, and material transfer activities as directed in GDCO App Tickets and in compliance with “Data Bearing Device” (“DBD”) handling procedures and controls.
(7) Ship IT assets out of Data Centers and receive IT assets into Data Centers, including the following activities:
a. Provide tracking information;
b. Document incoming and outgoing shipments;
c. Receive IT assets into Data Centers;
d. Provide Certificate of Receipt (“COR”) on IT infrastructure devices as needed;
e. Ensure a Microsoft (“MS”) “Asset Tag” is affixed to each incoming IT infrastructure device;
f. Check for damage to incoming IT infrastructure parts and document as appropriate; and
g. Perform classified transport preparation and execution.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
+ Education: High School Diploma or GED
+ Clearance: Must hold an active TS
+ Excellent customer service skills and focus
+ Adaptable to a fast pace environment with changing proprieties
+ Ability to execute work with precision in time sensitive outage scenarios
+ Capability to communicate effectively through written and oral English
+ Ability to perform work under continuous deadline pressure
+ Aptitude to interact with external customers & partners on behalf of Microsoft
+ Must be open to shift work as 24/7 support is needed
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
+ 401K with company match
+ Customizable health benefits packages
+ Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
+ Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
+ Rewards program for high-performing employees
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking “Share.”
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.