Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Data Science Manager Responsibilities:
1. Help build and lead a great data science team to deliver world-class products.
2. Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products.
3. Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
4. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions.
5. Mine massive amounts of data and extract useful product insights.
6. Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products.
7. Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches while keeping the team accountable and impactful.
8. Telecommuting is permitted from anywhere in the U.S. Remote worker benefit.
9. Master’s degree in Information Science, Data Science, Statistics, Business Administration, or related field and 24 months of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. Experience must include 24 months of experience in each of the following:
10. Managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
11. Quantitative analysis at a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management including experience with SQL or other programming languages
12. Initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
13. Communicating and representing results of analysis to senior leadership
14. Communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams to influence the strategy
15. Applied statistics or experimentation, including/B testing, in an industry setting
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.