Tidewater Staffing is seeking an experienced Pipefitter Journeyperson !
- Weekly Pay
- Shift to be discussed
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Provide direction to a pipefitter Improver and Helper if assigned
- Inspect and prepare the area for work, taking special care if hot work is required. Verify gas free certifications and tag-outs, before commencing any work.
- Run lines and leads required to accomplish work. Accomplish drop test if using flammable or oxygen depleting gases.
- Inspect work for defects before turning the job over to welders. Correct fit-ups as required.. Confer with supervision before correcting deficiencies.
- Document existing conditions before commencing work using Condition Found Reports (CFR).
- Remove damaged pipe in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Measure or template pipe for fabrication.
- Blank systems in accordance with standard Item 009-24 or other applicable safety standards.
- Fit up new pipe using the proper fit up type in accordance with specifications.
- Ensure a strain free fit-up to pumps or other connecting equipment.
- Blank tanks and accomplish boundary air tests.
- Accomplish or verify Lock-out Tag-out requirements before commencing.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found reports in writing that include recommended corrective action.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of experience with P-73 joint fit-up.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
- Must be able to certify in:
- MT Braze (B-1) & MT Braze (B-2)
- Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
- Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Must have six (6) years of pipefitting experience, four (3) of which in the maritime repair environment.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Multiple Shifts
- Insurance Benefits
- Long-term Job Opportunities
- OSHA Training | Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*