The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
The Loss Prevention Officer ensures the safety and tranquil stay of hotel guests and employees, to enforce the policies and procedures of the hotel and to record in writing any assigned task. Prepare incident and accident reports accurately and in the format specified by the Director of Loss Prevention. Must work flexible hours with 3 days second shifs and 2 overnight shifts. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- To observe and report on all assignments
- Able to keep accurate records and communicate using radio equipment.
- Record and report any unsafe conditions while patrolling hotel property.
- To ensure protection and preservation of hotel, guest, and employee property.
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance.
- Responds immediately to emergency incidents and security requests
- Deliver Express Check-out Folio's and newspapers to guest rooms.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Red Cross and First Aid Certified.
- Strong Computer skills in Microsoft, word, Excell, and email.
- Monitor and regulate the parking gatess and parking garage. Valid, State issued license to be able to operate Hotel vehicle and valet guest's vehicles when needed.