The Omni Charlottesville Hotel offers 208 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites featuring panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, along with a full service restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space. The Omni is located in the heart of downtown at the base of the downtown pedestrian mall. Our location offers a wide variety of local restaurants, pubs, entertainment venues, or even just to take a scenic walk and enjoy the culture of Charlottesville. There are numerous local historic sites that have played a unique role in American history which include: Monticello, the University of Virginia, Ash Lawn-Highland, Historic Court Square and Michie Tavern. Our Blue Ridge Parkway offers unmatched views and our very own downtown mall features daily entertainment at the four theaters which offer live music, movies and theatrical performances.
Although we have a beautiful property and location, our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Food and Beverage Operation, in accordance with Hotel standards. Will direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective associates, supervisors and managers. Reports to General Manager.
Key Relationships: Internal: Restaurant/Room Service Staff, Stewarding/Kitchen Staff,Catering/Sales/Banquets, Purchasing/Receiving/Storeroom, F&B Service staff and Managers/Front Desk/Accounting/Housekeeping/Executive Offices, Human Resources and Engineering Staff.
External: Hotel guests/visitors and suppliers.
Standard Specifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves,m other employees or guests.
- High school graduate, College degree preferred
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 3 or more years as Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Food and Beverage or Director of Outlets.
- Hospitality experience and 4 star restaurant experience is required
- Banquet experience along with Delphi & Opera Systems
- Excellent communication is essential
- Creative in food presentations, decor and open to trying new ideas
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations and excel knowledge
- Manage food and beverage cost controls. omvemtproes & P&L
- Proficient in Micros POS Administration
- Microsoft computer programs (i.e. Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Tips, LEAD, Care (or equivalent) certified
- Valid Food Handler's Card
- Ability to obtain ServSafe Trainer certification.
- Sales Experience
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgement.
- Focus attention of details.