Azure CXP CSES Engineering is looking highly talented Senior Software Engineering Manager who is customer focused, passionate, self-motivated and thrive in a highly challenging environment of fast paced software delivery. They take ownership of the software development and architecture from ideation to delivery and build it in an agile environment meeting high scale, performance and security requirements. They should have strong CS fundamentals, quality first mindset and fluent in cloud design patterns.
You will lead, mentor and grow a team of talented, diverse software engineers who are versed in delivering exceptional end user experiences, and world class services to our customer and support engineers. You will work across organizations and collaborate with internal partner teams. You will provide strong leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
**Who you are:**
Strong, highly motivated leader with a passion to empower and grow software engineers, as well as help drive vision, strategy and execution of impactful and delightful experiences for our customers. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape. Have experience with Azure or other cloud services at scale, passionate about iterating fast in a startup like environment, and getting the right design for our customers. You will be a key member of the engineering team, drive critical design initiatives, participate in strategic & tactical decisions, be accountable for shipping a complete service offering that succeeds with our customers. You have people management experience and strong product design & development skills.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering IT technical discipline or equivalent engineering/software/services experience
2. 8+ years of experience as a software engineer or software developer.
3. Experience coding and debugging in languages such as C#, C++, Java, or similar modern development languages
4. Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high quality systems and software products.
5. Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, programming patterns, and solving complex problems
6. Demonstrated history of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
7. Demonstrated history of good decision-making, conflict resolution, and follow through
8. Strong written & oral communication skills
9. Highly Desirable: Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular, React
10. Highly Desirable: Experience with Dynamics 365 and PowerApps
11. Highly Desirable: Experience with big data solutions, technologies, and analysis tools such as Azure Data lake, Azure Data factory, Hadoop, R-server, Python, etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.