The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Loss Prevention Agent will ensure the safety of hotel guests and associates and insure the property of the resort is maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Performs Security rounds of the hotel, to include of front of house and heart of house areas.
- Visits all locations requiring special attention as frequently as required.
- Responds immediately to those emergency incidents and Security requests to which he or she is assigned.
- Ensures maximum guest, associate, and hotel safety and security at all times.
- Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
- Familiar with all emergency situations, including fire alarms, according to procedure and with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Performs lock audits as assigned by the ISD operator and management.
- Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Security procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Director of Rooms, Security Supervisor, and responds to directions from any Executive Committee member or Department Manager.
- Creates and maintains the highest standards of Security at all times, begin professional in attitude, appearance, and application.
- Monitors the Security of the receiving dock and may assist with collecting packaging passes for all parcels taken from hotel.
- Confiscates all unauthorized parcels etc., and notifies the Director of Rooms immediately.
- Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
- Use friendly and appropriate expressions when engaging guests
- Be fully acquainted with the different points of interest
- Ensure that the public areas are clean and tidy by cooperating with Housekeeping Department when necessary
- Direct guests to the Front Desk or meeting rooms
- Engage in conversation with as many guests as possible
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively
- Adhering to the service recovery process.
- To be thoroughly knowledgeable Security Moments of Service scenarios, and execute to standard.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, Frequent Flyer Mileage Program, Laundry Services, and Omni Kids Program)
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Concierge Lounge, Outdoor Pool, Meeting Space, Parking Garage)
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include ISD, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- To be familiar with local attractions and businesses (to include Charlotte Athletic Club, Museums, Restaurants, BOA Plaza, Epicenter, Malls)
- Understand the importance of our Medallia scores.
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 - Diamond Standards of guest service
- Maintain unexpired CPR certification at all times
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Familiarity with parking validation procedures and Good Night's Rest Policy
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Stand and walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Exposed to indoor and outdoor environments, with hot and cold temperatures.
- Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and push/ pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds without assistance.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Must have at least one year of prior security and customer service experience, preferably in hospitality.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional business appearance, attitude and performance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email, radio and reporting.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification is required.
- Must be able to remain clam and professional during stressful situations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Candidates must live within 100 miles of the hotel property.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .