The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Responsible for developing proactive personal, professional relationships with Select Guests, acting as an advocate and point of contact for all Select Guests. Responsible for understanding the basic tenets of Room
Merchandising and integrating that knowledge with Selective Selling Techniques to sell the right rooms to the right customers at the right rate.
- Facilitate the Select Guest program and insure Select Guest needs/requests are met.
- Make / Change/Cancel reservations.
- File Reservations and back-up.
- Handle mail/correspondence.
- Process confirmations.
- Process 800 number reservations.
- Maintain the Select Guest Database (profiles that contain guests' preferences)
- Insure proper handling of Select Guest and VIP reservations through communication with the operational departments of the hotel.
- Place reserved specials and amenities in room for select guests.
- Execution of assigned tasks utilizing Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively adhering to the service recovery process.
- Be familiar with all systems and equipments as related to the Front Office (EPITOME, Nucleus, GoConcierge, Synergy, Vingcard Vision, Two-Way Radio Dispatch, ISD Firepanel )
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, Frequent Flyer Mileage Program, Laundry Services, and Omni Kids Program)
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Concierge Lounge, Outdoor Pool, Meeting Space, Parking Garage)
- Be an ambassador for the hotel
- Build and maintain a loyal customer base
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies
- To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to front office SOP's.
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- To be familiar with local attractions and businesses (to include Charlotte Athletic Club, Museums, Restaurants, BOA Plaza, Epicenter, Malls)
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by management
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Familiarity with parking validation procedures
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Excellent customer service skills and up-selling techniques
- Must have strong communication, presentation, training and organizational skills
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior guest service experience required, preferably in hotels.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
- Candidates must live within 100 miles of the property.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .