Education Subject Matter Expert (SME)
The Education SME is to own the understanding and operational framework for this segment. They will be responsible for strategic and tactical planning and technical operational support for K-12 and Higher Education contract group; this includes the development of operational, financial, quality, and integrated facilities management services for existing and future service lines of business with a focus on expanding our maintenance and facilities support services within existing private education accounts and prospects.
This role will also be part of the K-12 private education implementation team as needed.
- Develop, maintain and foster relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external, providing a focus on discovering areas for improvement and opportunities to expand services at existing and future education accounts.
- Write best practices, SOW's and KPI's in support of all facility related services (first for maintenance then as needed for Janitorial and Landscape services, etc.) with a focus on day- to-day operations, ensuring facilities are operating at capacity, and our team is effectively delivering agreed upon work to all customers.
- Create a facilities condition audit program (FCA). Provide clients with a plan of maintenance repair and replacement schedules for all assets on campus.
- Work with existing account teams to identify areas needing improvement relating to operational and maintenance strategy and leveraging use of CMMS to streamline work order process and to find tasks The Budd Group is capable of performing as an added value.
- Identify a suitable CMMS system for The Budd Group to utilize and promote to clients as part of our offering. Currently, we are designing a variety of applications on salesforce.com to meet our needs relative to a CMMS.
- Support the procurement function at client locations by identifying key suppliers and vendors whose businesses align with The Budd Group and customer needs and priorities.
- Lead and direct our account management teams with unique insights of operational insights for integrated facilities services within the educational vertical.
- Actively participate in trade associations, such as APPA and IFMA along with regional associations pertaining to the education and facilities management segment.
- Talent Recruitment and Development, including succession planning.
- Support (and at times lead), mentor, engage and develop teams to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance as needed.
- Ensure safety standards are enforced in all operations.
- On Client Relationship - Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Supporting efforts to increase revenue at existing clients, building new revenue with new clients, and supporting financial performance of jobs which includes labor, supplies, equipment and related services/materials as well as ensuring the completion and maintenance of P&L statements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with branches in order to provide a unified approach for the customer.
- Ensure client satisfaction leading to customer retention.
- Establish the vision and strategy of the team ensuring there is alignment with the client objectives and interests.
- Builds and manage high-performing teams, and ensure the best qualified candidate is hired for all roles.
- Build actionable and measurable career development plans for direct reports and be in consistent conversations regarding progress.
Travel: 50% of the time.
This position is based at one of The Budd Group's major markets with access to major airports, such as Charlotte, Nashville, Raleigh, and the Triad.