Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Assists the Director, Clinical Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards. Assists in maintaining systems and established policy and procedures.
1. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of each resident using acceptable long-term care assessment software tools and according to state and federal time frames. Coordinates care plans for each resident. Oversees the day to day care of each resident to ensure care plans are followed.
2. Works with other team members to establish appropriate level of care in accordance with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement levels.
3. Assists the Director, Clinical Services in ensuring comprehensive and accurate documentation by nursing service/direct personnel.
4. Monitors, manages and provides education on Clinical Systems, programs, and processes as assigned by the Director, Clinical Services. Implements Clinical Systems and programs in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long term care.
5. Monitors the community Quality Indicators and survey reports and provides the Director, Clinical Services recommendations for Success Planning to include conducting and scheduling in-service training classes that provide instruction of clinical skills and required education topics.
6. Assists in developing and implementing a Clinical Services organizational structure. Assists in determining staffing needs; recruits, selects, and orients nursing/direct care personnel. Leads programs for staff development. Develops work assignments, schedules duty hours, and delegates authority to supervisory/lead staff.
7. Reviews complaints and grievances filed by personnel and/or residents. Reports and investigates all allegations of abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property. Reports suspected or known violations of disclosure of resident protected health information.
8. Assists with the coordination of ancillary services.
9. Collects, coordinates, and submits MDS data to the state.
10. Monitors medication and treatment schedules; works with attending physicians; and provides direct care when required.
11. Participates in maintaining the policy and procedures that govern the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services Department. Possesses knowledge of state, federal, and OSHA regulations, and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines. Ensures staff compliance with regulations.
12. Participates in developing and implementing safety standards and regulations for equipment, supplies, and resident care rooms. Implements safe practices in accordance with state, federal, and OSHA regulations for resident safety, and ensures that policies and procedures in regards to resident safety are followed by staff and by residents.
13. Monitors supply and equipment needs and budget. Monitors Medicare/Medicaid reimbursements.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
_This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor._
**Education and Experience**
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Long term care experience preferred.
**Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements**
Must have valid and current state (RN) license, issued by appropriate state licensing agency.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
**Knowledge and Skills**
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
**Physical Demands and Working Conditions**
+ Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
+ Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
+ Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
+ On-Call on an as needed basis
+ Reach with hands and arms
+ Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
+ Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
+ Talk or hear
+ Exposure to latex
+ Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
+ Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
+ Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
+ Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
**Schedule: Regular Full-Time**