The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
To ensure maximum Front Office operating efficiency by assisting the Front Office Manager with the oversight of operations relating to the Front Office and Ideal Service Department, resulting in high levels of guest satisfaction and associate development.
- Ensure that Four Diamond standards and a consistent level of guest satisfaction are met.
- Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously by Front Office staff (proper posting of staff, grooming standards, MOS standards being followed).
- To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist; e nsuring all needed reports and checklists are run and completed.
- Understand and perform cash handling processes, ensuring each cashier is maintaining bank according to standard.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies, including familiarity with all hotel amenities and local attractions.
- Control Parking Procedures and assist with posting to guest accounts ensuring parking revenue.
- Enforce blocking strategy of Good Night's Rest policy
- To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to front
- office SOP's.
- Possess a thorough familiarity with the Select Guest and GHA programs. Provide required SG and GHA training to staff.
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with Signature Lounge Concierge and ISD Operator duties.
- Be familiar with the Phone and Alarm System in the ISD department.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits and handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest.
- Effectively engage in the service recovery process, handling all guest concerns efficiently and to the satisfaction of the guests.
- Continued training done with all associates - conducting four Moments of Service on each associate, per month.
- Participate in issue prevention meetings and respond to alerts in Epitome according to direction of management.
- Communicate all hotel, guest and group information to associates on a daily basis.
- Become familiar with all hotel operating systems and programs.
- Assist with weekly supply inventory and order front office supplies and uniforms.
- Assist with rate discrepancy report.
- Assist with balance reports and credit check reports daily.
- Adhere to all Systems and Controls of the Front Office, and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assist with the creation of schedules and monitor staffing levels according to business cycles.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Front Office line associates.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and complete performance evaluations.
- Responsible for LID development and training.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (one training hour per month and meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
- Maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for personalized, quality service and the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Responsible for payroll: Kronos edits, corrections, job coding, etc.
- To ensure proper daily stand up meetings are held for the staff.
- Responsible for covering shifts in the event of call-offs of staff.
- Responsible for providing weekend and holiday coverage.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by management
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Must have strong customer service, analytical, communication, presentation, training, coaching and organizational skills
- Must maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior front office management experience required, or comparable experience of leadership training/experience.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Sit and utilize computers for long periods of time.
- Requires repetitive motion.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .