The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
Responsible for providing and maintaining high quality service standards in our F&B outlet areas and ensure effective operation of TRADE Restaurant & Bar, Barista Station, Rooftop Pool Outlet Coin Bar, and Room Service. Must be able to provide guidance and leadership in other F&B departments in the absence of the Management.
Must be able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position is an overtime eligible manager and pays $15.76 per hour/ $42,000 per year.
- Assist F&B Outlets Manger with day to day restaurant operations in Seasonal Coin Bar, Trade Restaurant, Trade Bar, 24 hour In Room Dining, and Barista Bar.
- Act as the Food & Beverage Manger On duty responsibilities in the overall department supervision
- Mange staff's punctuality, accountability, quality & performance
- Complete Moments of Service Audits and environmental 5-Senses checklist for dining room and bar
- Responsible for Daily Pre-Shift and department meetings
- Ordering supplies and maintaining responsible par levels
- Be on the floor during all shifts, hands on management & supervision
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times
- Responsible for overall guest satisfaction in the restaurant, bar, room service and coffee shop
- Stay on the floor during peak hours
- Conduct Monthly Inventory Counts and Input for both Food & Beverage
- Communicate with guests constantly and receive feedback
- Implement department standards and observe, teach, and correct staff's service
- Assist F&B Management and Chefs with Menu Concept, Development and Implementation
- Closely examine food preparation and standards with culinary team
- Consistently insure the maximum guest information in the restaurant
- Check the status of all orders and ensure that they are delivered within designated timelines
- Monitor and ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to department procedures
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of departmental equipment, supplies and work areas
- Ensure all side work is complete before and after every shift
- Contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness
- Maintain proper condition of dining room for service period (breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night)
- Participate in interviewing new employees
- Prepare maintenance requests and follow-up with engineering and other teams
- Sign off on all food and liquor requisitions
- Monitor food waste & look for operational efficiencies
- Mange schedules, labor and payroll costs
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to Hotel standards
- Contact Ideal Services for maintenance repairs to be submitted to Synergy for Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs
- Conduct a formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff
- Document pertinent information in department logbook (daily recaps)
- Perform any other duties assigned by management
- Must adhere to all liquor liability laws not limited to but including: Dram Shop Act, prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to intoxicated guests, Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to minors
- Must have strong customer service, analytical, communication, presentation, training, coaching and organizational skills
- Ability to manage F&B supervisors and line-level associates
- 2+ years of experience in restaurant lead or bar supervision
- Proficient with food and beverage cost controls
- Proficient and Knowledgeable in wine & spirits
- ServSafe Food Handlers & TIPS certification required
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .