We are the teams who create all of Facebook’s product used by more than 1.5 billion people around the world. Want to build new features and improve existing products like Commerce, Ads, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search, and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? Facebook is seeking experienced full-stack software engineers to join our product teams. You can help build products that help us connect the next billion people, create new features that have billions of interactions per day, and be a part of a team that’s working to help people connect around the globe. Join us!
Software Engineer (Leadership) - Product Responsibilities:
1. Drive the team's goals and technical direction to pursue opportunities that make your larger organization more efficient
2. Effectively communicate complex features and systems in detail
3. Understand industry & company-wide trends to help assess & develop new technologies
4. Partner & collaborate with organization leaders to help improve the level of performance of the team & organization
5. Identify new opportunities for the larger organization & influence the appropriate people for staffing/prioritizing these new ideas
6. Create consumer products and features on a large scale
7. Lead long term technical vision and roadmap for large cross-company efforts
8. Partner closely with infrastructure and operations teams to build and scale back-end services
9. Experience leading projects with industry-wide impact
10. Experience communicating and working across functions to drive solutions
11. Experience in mentoring/influencing senior engineers across organizations
12. Proven track record of planning multi-year roadmap in which shorter-term projects ladder to the long-term vision
13. Experience in driving large cross-functional/industry-wide engineering efforts
14. 12+ years of programming experience
15. 12+ years of experience with building large-scale applications, or similar experience
16. 8+ years of experience with web or mobile technologies
17. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
18. Experience shipping products to millions of customers or have started a new line of product
19. Experience building and scaling large products or systems
$205,000/year to $281,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.