Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As Facebook continues to expand to all corners of the world, having robust, efficient and low latency apps matters more than ever. The vast majority of our users access Facebook using old devices and unreliable networks. Our job is to make sure these peoples experience is as reliable as we can make it. Reliable and fast experiences are delightful, and yield to increased net satisfaction and higher retention. In this role, you will be a part of the Video Product Foundation team. This teams responsibility is to improve and guard the video experiences on the Facebook applications across all platforms. Our team works cross-functionally with product and infrastructure teams across Facebook to improve app quality by analyzing the current operations, as well as working with our partner teams to give guidance on the next set of investments. We’re looking for a self-motivated individual in this space to help us dig into these domains and highlight the existing issues that may not be obvious without a deep dive. We’re also looking for thought leadership from this individual to identify opportunities and contribute to our planning. This position will directly engage with leadership for the Entertainment org and have the opportunity to directly shape our investments and roadmap for the next 3 years. Some key challenges we are looking to solve in the next year include: What are people experiencing across the globe? What are the underlying causes when there is variance in the experiences. Where should we invest in the most to get the best return on investment. What’s our strategy, how do we best articulate it to our team, partners and leadership?
1. Own the data roadmap for video performance, efficiency and reliability.
2. Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how to better serve video content to our users.
3. Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
4. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
5. The Data Scientist Analytics role has work across the following four areas- Product Operations, Exploratory Analysis, Product Leadership, and Data Infrastructure.
6. Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
7. Experience in SQL or other programming languages
8. Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
9. Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
10. Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
11. 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
12. Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) and/or scripting languages (Python)
13. Has a proven track record working with cross-functional teams and driving them towards solving issues
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.