Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Shops Buyer team is the steward of consumer needs in shopping. We work directly with leadership and horizontally across product teams in business products and consumer product teams (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp). We are looking for a Data Scientist who can see the big picture, identify pivotal questions, work closely with leadership, and lead data scientists around the company to help steer the product strategy.
1. Metric defense experience, and leading the central cross org team to identify drivers of success
2. Ecosystems experience, and bring in-depth understanding to how different pieces come together, identifying the right health metrics to evaluate ecosystem health, and constantly challenging our current understanding
3. Identify and quantify strengths and weaknesses in the ecosystem from various stakeholder perspectives (e.g., Buyer, Seller, Advertiser, Facebook)
4. Leverage data and work closely with leadership to challenge and evolve the long term and short term strategy
5. Collaborate with data scientists and product teams across the company to drive foundational understanding of the product experience
6. Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
7. Experience working in an analytics organization
8. Genuine interest in understanding the dynamics of eCommerce networks and building great products
9. Experience working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
10. Experience in using SQL to query and manipulate large data sets for analysis
11. Python or R experience
12. Experience answering big picture questions by framing the business question into an analytical plan and communicate to stakeholders
13. Strategic thinking and can drive the direction of the team
14. 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
15. Experience working with executives or senior leadership
16. Experience leading and driving change that impacts large organizations
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.