Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Data Engineer, Analytics Responsibilities:
1. Manage and execute data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products to solve well-scoped problems.
2. Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement logging required to ensure availability of data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve.
3. Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way.
4. Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership.
5. Design, build and launch new data models and visualizations in production, leveraging common development toolkits.
6. Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production, mentoring others around efficient queries.
7. Support existing processes running in production and implement optimized solutions with limited guidance.
8. Define and manage SLA for data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
9. Telecommuting from anywhere in United States is permitted.
10. Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field. Requires 36 months of experience in the job offered or in a Data-Engineering related position. Experience must include 36 months in the following:
11. Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) design, implementation, and maintenance on a large scale
12. Programming in Python and Java
13. Writing SQL statements
14. Analyzing large volumes of data to provide data driven insights, gaps, and inconsistencies
15. Hadoop, HBase, or Hive
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.