Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The Sports Retail Manager is responsible for daily sales, customer service, employee training, inventory control, merchandising, product ordering and selection, and the opening and closing of the sports retail stores, including but not limited to Treetop Alpine, Treetop Golf, Nash's General Store. Assist with golf team to provide a great guest service and accommodate all golf outings to the best standard we can.
- Sets the exemplary role of Specialty Retail Service. Ensures the number one priority of all sales associates is the customer and customer service.
- Assists in the management of all retail staff, by preparing weekly schedules, addressing employee grievances, and elevating them to Director of Retail/Director of Golf if necessary and providing supervisory coverage in stores. Assists in the hiring and termination of all related associates.
- Manages all documentation related to direct reports, including but not limited to, 90 day, seasonal and yearly reviews, associate requisitions form and personal information forms (PIF).
- Attends relative tradeshows to assist in open to buy for all sport retail venues. Working along side of Retail Director, assists in product selection to have a diverse and intriguing product mix that will translate to revenue generation.
- Working with Retail Director, manages reorder of assigned product categories, while managing inventory levels in line with business levels.
- Assists in coordinating all vendor clinic schedules by communicating with vendors and ensuring that all clinic details are planned and executed.
- Coordinates the receiving of all merchandise, including checking product in, pricing, merchandising product on floor, warehousing back stock and submission of all packing lists to Inventory Control Manager.
- Manages scheduled monthly and quarterly inventories by delegating work, taking inventory with POS scanning guns, coordinating all re-counts, coordinating all inventory verifications with accounting and compiling data results, while following all inventory procedures that align with internal audit compliance.
- Assists in data entry in Point-of-Sales (POS) software by entering and checking data that is entered into the system. Ensures that all employees are trained on how to enter correct data.
- Manages daily replenishment of back stocked product to the sales floor, as well as maintaining a clean and organized back stock room.
- Ensure the store will maintain a clean atmosphere by adhering to an established cleaning schedule.
- Develops and builds store displays around the resort, including but not limited to, displays at the hotel, the alpine base lodge.
- Completes purchase orders in a timely fashion and ensures that items are purchased at correct times, and manages inventory levels to level of business.
- Ensures all employees have completed all end of shift duties. Responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the stores.
- Establishes store procedures, ensuring all the above tasks are performed in a timely fashion.
- Provide options for special orders for clients and golf outing groups.
- Working with the Director of Retail to plan and conduct sales of slow moving inventory within the shops including end of the year sales to reduce inventory levels during the off season.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Golf: In addition to the job description above the following are golf related tasks.
- Assure that the policies and procedures of the pro shop are enforced.
- Assist in monitoring and managing the tee sheet to maximize efficient pace of play.
- Assist in contacting large groups ahead of time to confirm numbers and billing policies.
- Working along with Golf Pro, prepare the employee work schedule ensuring that the pro shop is properly manned to handle the customer demand.
- Assist in follow up with "in house" group contacts and billing procedures.
- Meet with golf contacts for golf outings.
- Make Tee Times for guests and public play
Resort Essential Functions:
- Work with Hotel operating systems to include: RTP, Micros, Open Course, and Opera.
- Attends monthly global managers meetings.
- Assists in running monthly Omni Service Training meetings.
- Manages monthly Moments of Service for all staff in assigned shops.
- Assist in covering monthly safety committee meetings and/or ambassador meetings.
- Attends monthly managers training.
- High School Diploma or GED, plus five years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training, experience and/or education.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Must be familiar with the operation of a retail point of sale software system.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Must have the ability to adapt to unexpected situations
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be able to remain calm and portray a friendly demeanor in stressful situations
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings
- Standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable on ladders
- Must be adaptable to interior and exterior experiences in the Pro Shop with exposure to weather conditions.
- Must provide a good sense of humor and able to work with positive and dedicated team.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.