Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper training and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room. Supervise related associate assignments.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours, supervising the performance of associates.
- Monitor each guest experience.
- Examine food and beverage preparation and provide corrective training where necessary.
- Supervise bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, bottles totally empty, liquor par list.
- Supervise cost control efforts to ensure the operations financial success.
- Participate in scheduling within budgetary guidelines.
- Forecast weekly and monthly.
- Completing weekly payroll and associated audit.
- Monitor labor and payroll costs.
- Oversee the order of daily supplies.
- Supervise the maintenance of dining room for cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance.
- Prepare maintenance requests, follow up.
- Hold pre-meal meetings with associates.
- Follow up on established training steps, supervise performance, and provide necessary re-training.
- Participate in interviewing new associates.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Responsible for reporting all product/service defects, and measuring process attributes as applicable.
- At least 1 year Food& Beverage/Restaurant experience.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a great attitude along with excellent guest service skills.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.