Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
Job Fair Saturday, November 16th from 10AM - 1PM at The Bretton Woods Ski Area Base Lodge.
Join us for our Bretton Woods Job Fair , for Free Food, Raffles, and On-The-Spot Interviews for all our open positions!
Apply online to save time!
The Pastry Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating all pastry and baking preparation for all hotel outlets.
- Assign production work for associates.
- Controls all food costs and payroll.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies.
- Coordinate production of all baked goods and dessert items ordered by outlets.
- Completes any special requests ordered by outlets or other departments.
- Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree or Diploma from an accredited culinary arts program is preferred.
- 3- 5 years previous experience as Pastry Supervisor, Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef for a four star hotel, chain or catering company, upscale restaurant (previous preparation and production, hot line and cold line experience a plus)
- Strong back ground in Culinary Arts with focus on kitchen management and high volume pastry production.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Can successfully read, understand and plan production schedules through the use of BEO's.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments. Ability to plan, produce and execute large dessert plate ups and dessert tables for buffet presentation.
- A good understanding of the modern diet: including but not limited to celiac, gluten intolerances food allergies, dairy intolerances and low sodium diets.
- Have a good understanding of dessert and pastry production including but not limited to: the ability to produce a quality from scratch biscuit, muffin, basic breakfast bread, basic fruit tart, mousses, cakes, custards, pastry cream, crème anglaise, cookies, crème brulee, dessert garnishing, some sugar work and chocolate based dessert production.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively train, coach and exercise supervisorial courage.
- The ability to lead staff line-ups and regular meetings assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs, push/pull up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, weekends, and night shifts and early morning production shifts.
- Must be able to prepare a basic crème anglaise, basic from scratch biscuit or scone and one chocolate based dessert plate in one hour.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.