Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
Under the direction of the equipment manager and/or the assistant golf course superintendent, the assistant equipment manager assists and/or works independently of the equipment manager in the repairing and maintenance of various gasoline- and diesel-powered golf course maintenance equipment. The assistant equipment manager also assists in maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building, contributes to a preventative maintenance program, and places safety procedures as a top priority.
- Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the equipment manager and/or assistant superintendent.
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various pieces of golf course maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
- Repairs and adjusts engines and cutting mechanisms on various heavy duty and light duty mowing equipment.
- Keeps maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
- Assists the Equipment Manager with maintaining accurate and detailed service and repair records for each individual machine.
- Working knowledge of the general operation of gasoline-, diesel- and electric-powered equipment; the proper methods of servicing golf course equipment; and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment including reel technology.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Ability to move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Mechanical ability; ability to use common mechanical tools.
- Ability to use welding equipment.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
- Assistance in maintaining a clean and well-organized parts inventory room.
- Adherence to the proper recycling and/or disposal of various oils, compounds and other fluids (antifreeze, oil filters, etc.).
- Assistance in an effective, daily inspection of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Must have an understanding of the game of golf.
- Must be able to acquire an Operational New Hampshire pesticide license.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.