La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
To achieve the highest quality of personable and friendly service, yet never overly familiar. Adhere to all rules, regulations, uniform codes, standards and philosophies of the hotel.
- Proof your station. Check for polished silverware, neatness of tables, check for linen spots, holes and placement. Re-set if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of menu items and preparation as well as specials and '86' items.
- Responsible for knowledge of wine list and the service of wine.
- Sell and up-sell items to increase revenue for the restaurant.
- Know setting guidelines, table numbers and overall dining room procedures.
- Responsible for knowledge of the POS touch system and all checks opened in your server number.
- Take the guests' order, serve the courses accordingly and promptly tender payment of check. Always say farewell to guests as they leave.
- Do any side duties delegated by the Manager on Duty.
- Use exceptional service standards when greeting a new table and establish whether guest, member or local.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two years previous experience as a food server is required, preferably in an upscale dining environment.
- Must have a valid San Diego County Food Handlers card will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Must have great communication skills - the ability to engage with guests professionally, appropriately and courteously.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .