La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
"Leaders Creating Leaders" is a core value of Omni Hotels and Resorts and is a big part of the Omni success story. We are committed to growing careers and developing our Associates in a number of different ways. "Leaders in Development" is one way. It is Omni's celebrated management trainee program. Our Leader in Development will embark upon a path designed to launch a career in hotel management. This position is a unique opportunity to combine practical work experience in a specific discipline (Rooms, F&B, Sales, Finance, HR etc.) with broad exposure to all areas of an upscale hotel operation.
The "LID" is an hourly, overtime-eligible position, working 50 hours per week. Our Associate will spend 40 hours per week performing a job function within their discipline and 10 hours per week (overtime) completing a wide range of self-directed "learning contracts". The learning contracts include one-on-one sessions with key leaders throughout the hotel, practical assignments and "walk-in-my-shoes" rotations in every department, as well as focused assignments related to the their function. Hotel Mentors (senior leaders in the hotel) are assigned to assist LIDs in their growth and development. LIDs will also receive exposure occasionally to corporate leaders.
The program is expected to last one year. At the successful conclusion of the program, participants are expected to move into a management position in the company, occasionally at their own property but often elsewhere in the country. Must be willing to relocate .
The Human Resources Leader in Development will focus more specifically on practical on-the-job learning and assigned learning contracts within the Human Resources Division. The "Human Resources LID Contracts" (attached) and all components of the Human Resources Coordinator Job Description (following) shall constitute the Job Description for this position. Since the LID program is designed to encourage learning in all areas of the hotel, Job Descriptions from multiple positions may also apply.
Human Resources Coordinator Overview: The Human Resources Coordinator works closely with our Human Resources leadership team to ensure we hire the very best, and give great service to our Associates. The primary function of the Coordinator is to provide administrative support but we also expect the Coordinator to work outside those parameters on a regular basis. He/she will perform work related recruitment, benefits, on-barding, training, Associate events, safety/worker's compensation, performance reviews, wage changes and other areas as directed.
- Understand and follow the Human Resources Coordinator/ LID Training Plan
- Facilitate the on-boarding and processing of new hires
- Facilitate details of the employment termination process
- Facilitate the transfer and promotion of Associates
- Pre-screen applicants and arrange interviews with department managers. Ensure we are complying with legal standards and behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Ensure that applicants are tracked and moved through the interview/approval process in a timely manner
- Administer the Employee Referral program
- Post jobs on the Omni Hotels website, our job board and other local recruiting sites and media as necessary
- Administer benefit enrollment orientations monthly and ensure Associates receive/enroll in benefit programs according to Omni standards.
- Help administer the annual Open Enrollment (for benefits) process
- Conduct Benefits Audits and insure compliance with Omni benefit policies
- Facilitate, track and process unpaid time-off, PTO, and assist the HR Director/HR Manager with processing of leaves of absences.
- Respond to EDD and Disability claims and process as appropriate
- Update Bulletin Boards. Use effective communication channels to share accomplishments, promotions and notable events/hotel happenings with the Associates.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications, salary verifications, wage garnishments
- Conduct employment verifications, background checks and personal references prior to offer of employment
- As assigned: Worker's Compensation: track injuries, accidents, process claims, prepare OSHA reports and insure prompt follow-up/analysis to minimize liability and increase safety. Administer the hotel's safety incentive program and fulfill responsibilities as a member of the Safety Committee
- Maintain Associate files, keeping up-to-date.
- Use the human resources software to process salary/wage changes, promotions, transfers, new hires, terminations and other updates to Associate information/status.
- Ensure all necessary approvals are secured in writing and documented via "Personnel Information Form" according to the Approval Matrix for all new hires, terms, promotions, job changes, status changes and various payouts.
- Answer Associate inquiries and follow-up on requests
- Assist with community relations events.
- Create and update the Human Resources calendar
- Insure all legal postings are posted and up-to-date
- Collect and distribute mail
- Process new-hire, promotion/transfer checklists and termination checklists
- Order office supplies, conduct regular inventories and maintain par levels.
- Create purchase orders and update the HR Checkbook.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation
- Assist with Employee relations events and create publicity as needed.
- Assist with processing of new hire paperwork.
- Maintain job requisition and associates logs
- Complete other administrative tasks as assigned
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS :
(The Trainer and Associate will initial each item to signify that proficiency is attained):
- Completion of duties normally ascribed to other positions outside the Human Resources discipline.
- Handle guest complaints/irate callers by following the principles of our "Power of One" and "Power of Engagement" systems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Understand job description and department service standards.
- Abide by uniform and grooming standards.
- Understand work schedules, reporting to work, paid time-off, vacation requests.
- Know cafeteria meal times and other breaks.
- Know fire alarm and other emergency procedures.
- Know fire prevention and safety regulations.
- Follow procedures for guest or associate accidents.
- Know the uses of hazardous chemicals, The Right to Know Law (OSHA).
- Know how to continuously improve guest service using the Omni Service Tradition program.
- Know how to meet or exceed service expectations using the Power of One philosophy.
- Know how to acknowledge exceptional guest service using the Omni Service Champions program
- Demonstrated passion for the hotel and resort business
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Human Resources, or Finance (or directly related degree (ex Recreation and Tourism Management)) is required prior to start date
- Previous hotel (or related industry) experience
- Willingness and ability to work 50 hours per week
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative - must be a self starter
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to include professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to relocate is required
- Position will not begin until end of 2019 or Spring 2020.