La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
To discuss meeting room arrangements with planner and to communicate this information through respective hotel department heads via a conference/meeting resume.
- Prepare resumes for groups ten days prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly Staff Meeting.
- Adhere to the Catering and Conference Services Department's standard operating procedures.
- Help establish and maintain hotel's marketplace position at the city's most elite venue within social and corporate communities.
- Follow the specific standard operation procedures for all staff in order to promptly and thoroughly handle all steps in the event planning process adhering to the standards of hotel protocol.
- Ensure all site inspections and client visits to the hotel are successful by planning carefully and communicating accurate details in advance to all departments.
- Proactively achieve consistently high Medallia scores through establishing a good rapport with the client, preparation work having been done accurately and being visible during the conference to ensure the client's expectations have been met.
- Generate high revenue yielding business for all contracted rooms, function space, and catered events.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client.
- Ensure all current and future client accounts are serviced in accordance with hotel standards.
- Communicate with banquet managers for all related banquet functions, and communicate client requests to relevant departments.
- Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments concerned 15 days prior to event start time.
- Adhere to selling policies as set forth by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Remain available to hotel managers while on property.
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity.
- Participate in all regular and operational meetings as required.
- Coordinate all aspects of conferences as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, special attention to guests, room type allocation, rooming list, amenities, function room set up, group transportation, type of check in, check out to include satellite check in, special meal requests, arrival/departure manifests, bag pulls, luggage storage, complimentary rooms, billing instructions, authorized signatures, room deliveries, telephone and internet requirements, box storage and delivery, power requirements, key requirements, expected food and beverage outlet usage, group hospitality/office/registration desk requirements, business center requirements, entertainment, leisure activities, décor (to include floral) requirements
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Act as a liaison between groups and hotel. Utilize hotel staff through the issuance of work orders to insure the groups' successful stay.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel taste or smell; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This brief job profile is to give a general idea of the job and in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the associate in this position. Other duties will be assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years' experience as a Conference Services Manager, and or like experience in event planning, preferably in a four diamond resort.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .