La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Responsible for preparing hot and cold food for the Employee Cafeteria based on a cycle menu, standard salad bar, and utilization of banquet over produced food.
- Maintain a professional attitude, demeanor and appearance. Wear proper uniform and footwear at all times.
- Store all items in approved containers that are wrapped, dated and labeled. Do not store anything in cans.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cafeteria kitchen and storage area.
- Be at your work station at the time you are scheduled. Follow the time clock procedures by punching in up to seven minutes prior to your shift and punching out up to seven minutes following your shift.
- Clean all small equipment such as mixers, buffalo choppers, etc., immediately after using them.
- Have food ready for lunch and dinner at the appropriate times.
- Prepare food according to the forecasted employee projections.
- Responsible for upholding quality standard, portion control, production level and presentation of food.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Kitchen in adherence to all health regulations in food preparation, storage and service.
- Attend all safety and departmental meetings.
- Prepare items on the cycle menu, deviating only when told by supervisor.
- Follow hotel standards of preparation and recipe guidelines of all cafeteria items.
- A San Diego County Foodhandler's card or ServeSafe Certification will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Two years cooking experience or equivalent combination of edu cation and/or experience.
- Must be able to work all weekends and all holidays.