The Four-Diamond, award-winning Omni Interlocken Resort welcomes you to a retreat into modern luxury. Nestled against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, this year-round Colorado resort near Denver offers a wealth of on-site amenities. With its stunning panoramic views of the mountains or valley, unmatched luxuries and the essence of snow-capped mountain tranquility, the Omni Interlocken Resort is sure to sweep you off your feet.
The Omni Interlocken Resort's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Interlocken Resort may be your perfect match.
The Pastry Cook supports the hotel restaurants and banquet department by providing fresh, creative pastry items for our guests.
- Knowledge of daily pastry orders and preparations.
- Ability to handle cakes that are ordered at the last minute.
- Help with Cooking Demos, Wedding Cakes, Sugar Sculptures, and Bakery.
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in working condition.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest food products of the highest standard in preparation of all menu items.
- Maintain the highest quality and appearance of all foods sent from kitchen and make sure plates/buffet presentations are clean and appetizing.
- Label and date all foods.
- Solely responsible for maintaining clean work station. Make sure all work areas are properly cleaned at end of shift and at end of evening.
- Recognize a deficiency with a dish and makes corrections.
- Measures and mixes ingredients to form dough or batter.
- Shapes dough for cookies, pies and pastries.
- Regulates oven temperatures for cooking.
- Prepares and cooks ingredients for pie fillings, puddings, custards and other desserts.
- Mixes ingredients for icing.
- Decorates cakes and pastries, blends sugar and icings.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor.
- Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous pastry experience required.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the entire duration of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Food Handlers Certification preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .