CDM Smith is a multi-discipline engineering and architectural firm. Our firm is responsible for large-scale water and wastewater plant design, transit facilities, industrial facilities, office space design, federal facilities, facility planning and condition assessment work. As an Architect at CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to be a part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation, Federal and Water business portfolios.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. We would prefer to have someone located out of our Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Orlando, FL, Dallas, TX, or Phoenix, AZ offices.
The Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, program, and formulate building design and prepare design presentation and construction contract documents.
- Coordination of building design and construction contract documents with architectural and multi-discipline engineering staff.
- Lead and guide junior architectural staff on multi-discipline projects.
- Research and participate in the selection of construction materials, technologies and methodologies for detailing and specifications.
- Compliance with applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations, including coordination with agencies having jurisdiction.
- Collects background project information and documentation including “as-built” data, including field observation as necessary.
- Review technical submittals for projects under construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Architectural Experience Program (AXP) has been initiated as specified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).
- 4 years of related experience with a Registered Architect (RA) license. If no RA, then 4 years of experience with 1 years working under an RA or other professional which meets NCARB standards.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Skills and Abilities:**
- Solid technical knowledge and design application knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of technologies and methodologies in the use of construction materials.
- Solid knowledge of Building Information Modeling and software, preferably Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD. Familiarity with rendering software programs.
- Solid knowledge of basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.