We Are Hiring
Physician, Psychiatry - Geriatric - Ascension Medical Group- Full-Time- Ascension Mercy Hospital- Oshkosh,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension Medical Group is currently seeking a full-time Geriatric Psychiatrist to join our practice at Ascension Mercy Hospital in Oshkosh. We are constantly adding to our robust Behavioral Health service line in the Fox Valley and opened up two brand new multi-million-dollar units in 2018.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitalist Role
- Join a multi-disciplinary Practice Consisting of
- Psychiatrists (including PRN relief)
- Social Workers
- AODA Counselors
- Must Be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Psychiatry
- General outpatient Adult Psychiatry (optional)
- Ability to conduct your own ECTs (optional)
- Behavioral Health Specialists within our primary care clinics help to screen and triage patients appropriately
- Generous Benefits, including a great retirement package
- Competitive compensation package, signing incentives, relocation, etc.
- Call schedule shared between providers at Mercy and St. Elizabeth
- Weekends: 1:3
- Weeknights: 1:4
FACILITIES and SERVICES
- Group boasts a collaborative relationship with community mental health resources
- 55 inpatient psychiatric beds total between two campuses with state of the art upgrades
- Mercy Geriatric Psychiatric Unit consists of 8 bed unit, planned expansion to 15 beds by July of 2019 with further ability to expand to 24 beds; brand new unit opened in 2018
- Mercy Adult Psychiatric Unit consists of 7 beds
- St. Elizabeth Adult Psychiatric Unit consists of 16 beds
- St. Elizabeth Adolescent Psychiatric Unit consists of 17 beds, brand new unit multi-million-dollar unit constructed in 2018
- Full billing and coding support provided
- Suboxone program
- Outpatient mental health and AODA clinics at both campuses
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Physician MD/DO
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Supportcredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ministry Health Care, and its subsidiaries, as part of Ascension Health, is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement