Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
Responsible to detail and service events related to group & catering functions as assigned. To merchandise as skillfully as possible the hotel function space, function menus & hotel outlets in order to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience
- Achieve budgeted banquet & catering revenue goals as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Maintain efficient & professional customer service.
- Generate leads to and follow up on group Medallia responses for all Sales Managers. Track the Status of all leads surfaced. Strive for Exemplary Service on all Group Medallia responses.
- Must be knowledgeable about all hotel capabilities (front desk/reservations/room service/catering).
- Merchandise function space and attain maximum room rental wherever appropriate.
- All contracts & booking recaps must be read & audited prior to distribution and client introduction.Understand and follow all guidelines relating to conference service merchandising, addendum requirements, attrition/cancellation penalties, and estimate developments
- Continuously refine banquet menu offerings with Executive Chef, Director of Catering and Food & Beverage Director.
- Maintain strong communication with client throughout.
- Active involvement in industry-related activities.
- Monitor internal reader board service for proper posting of daily events.
- Responsible for working with meeting contact in coordinating the final details for meetings and conventions involving the use of overnight (group) sleeping rooms, concentrating on wedding room blocks and tours.
- Completes resumes and banquet event orders for assigned group events.Verifies all blocked space in Delphi and contacts clients upon receiving assigned contracted accounts.
- Provides hotel site inspections when necessary.
- Ensures that files are correctly turned over from sales to conference service.
- Responsible for checking function rooms prior to clients' arrival, ensures all meeting arrangements are to specifications during conference and reviews final bill upon conclusion of conference.
- Entertains clients to establish closer working relations as needed and recommend special outside services when required.
- Conducts final pre/post-con meetings when necessary.
- Monitors cut-off dates, overnight room requests, rooming list changes, etc. for groups.
- Prepares and delivers all required banquet information for staff meetings, reservation group cut-off meetings, BEO meetings, resume review meetings.
- Actively support, supervise and oversee the administrative coordinators.
- Maintain files and current trace dates, accurate history and all relevant booking activity.
- Actively participate in trade organizations, local social and civic groups.
- Participate in the ongoing forecasting process.
- Is current and abides by all sales office procedures and systems.
- Participate in weekly Sales meetings.
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism to both clients and colleagues.
- Recommend improvement of facilities and services as needed.
- Develop plans and actions, for the assistant, that are congruent to his/her future goals.
- Perform any other duties assigned by direct report.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Maintain & Grow Medallia
- Omni Trilogy
- Omni Sales Essentials
- Lobby Duty
- Managers Meeting
- Departmental Meeting
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer, printer, copier, telephone, writing instruments, File folders, filing cabinet, Microsoft Outlook, Delphi FDC, Social Tables, and Opera
- Flexible work hours to include weekend and holidays in order to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written and non-verbal
- College Degree
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in catering sales, or conference services, preferably as a manager in a luxury hotel property
- Appropriate, professional appearance and presentation
- Strong computer knowledge, with technical ability and/or aptitude to fully use Microsoft Word, Delphi, Excel, Outlook, and other management systems
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
End of Job Description