At Givens, your work is more than just a job, it is a calling.Come join the family at Givens Highland Farms! We are a non-profit organization looking for the best, brightest, and friendliest to join our family.
Our campus is growing and so is our team! The Dining Services department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sous Chef. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, supporting the Executive Sous Chef, providing direct leadership and vision to the culinary team, assisting in financial and technical guidance, and collaborating with dining leadership in order to ensure the best possible food quality and service for residents. Don't miss out on the opportunity to work with this collaborative, creative, and inclusive team!
An associates Degree in Culinary, Hospitality Business Management or related field.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years progressive experience in hospitality, multi-unit, medium volume food service operations or other related fields are desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthy trends in foods and diets, dietary requirements and restrictions for senior adults; creativity and innovation in menu planning and presentation; achievement in training, motivational, and organizational skills; and success in management of a budget, purchasing, and payroll control;
- Previous experience opening operations is desirable;
- Certified in Serve Safe & Sanitation or equivalent food handler's certificate.
Team Member Benefits:
Positions that work 20+ hours a week qualify for benefits which include:
- two major medical health insurance plans that include dental and vision care,
- paid time off accrual,
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching of employee contribution,
- flexible spending accounts,
- life insurance,
- short-term disability insurance, long term disability insurance,
- AFLAC insurance products,
- Lincoln Life insurance products,
- and educational assistance.