Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Product Designer Responsibilities:
1. Design, prototype, and build flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for Facebook's platforms, products, or applications.
2. Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable.
3. Design web and mobile workflows and user experiences that are adaptable to users’ changing needs.
4. Utilize a full range of product, interaction, and visual design skills to seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems.
5. Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
6. Work alongside cross-functional teams to ensure the feasibility of the design and functionality with the necessary level of finesse.
7. Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
8. Contribute to strategic decisions with the product and executive teams.
9. Ensure cohesive branding with the marketing team.
10. Identify ways in which technologies can provide new functionality and better user experiences.
11. Provide additional post-launch design support to maximize continued efficiency in a constantly evolving environment.
12. Telecommuting is permitted from anywhere in the US.
13. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Interaction Design, or a related field and 24 months of experience in the job offered or in a product design-related occupation. Experience must include 24 months of experience in each of the following:
14. User Experience and User Interface design
15. Design research and competitive analysis
16. Strategy for product development
17. Translating insights from user studies into meaningful action
18. Understanding user needs
19. Graphic interface design for computer software
20. Building prototypes for software development
21. Building consumer-facing technology products
22. Defining product specifications and user experiences
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.