Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Data Scientist Responsibilities:
1. Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how Meta's users interact with our consumer and business products.
2. Mine massive amounts of data and perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights.
3. Develop data pipelines with automated, machine-learning systems that convert noisy core datasets into powerful signals of user behavior.
4. Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems.
5. Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
6. Design and implement dashboards and reports that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
7. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups. Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups.
8. Work across areas of product operations, exploratory analysis, product leadership, and data infrastructure to help shape the future of what we build at Meta.
9. Telecommute from anywhere in the U.S. permitted.
10. Master's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field. Must have 24 months in the job offered or a related occupation. 24 months of experience in the following:
11. Machine learning techniques
12. ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process
13. Relational database (SQL or PL*SQL)
14. Developing in scripting language: Python
15. Statistical analysis using R
16. Quantitative analysis techniques including clustering, regression, and pattern recognition
17. Quantitative analysis techniques including descriptive and inferential statistics
18. Communicating and presenting results of data analyses.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.