*Posted Date:* Oct 22, 2020
*TEXT TO APPLY:* You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text *JOB* to *75000 *& search for the *requisition ID number 430605.*
Click here to learn more.
* We have several openings for a full and part-time *CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER* position.
* *Location*: St. Vincent's Hospital - Birmingham Main - 810 St. Vincent's Drive, Birmingham, Alabama 35205 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Full and part-time; 5:00am - 12:00am, rotating weekends.
* *Requirement*: Prior cash handling experience preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*WE MAKE IT EASY!* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
We’re TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn’t just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension’s mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We’re serious about the role we play in healing – and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you’re looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
*Full time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* 401(k) retirement support
* And other voluntary benefits
* Tuition reimbursement
*Summary:* Operates Point of Sale system, assists the Chef, prepares coffee, and keeps the coffee and cashier stations clean.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Helps prepare foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts. Also helps prepare catering orders.
* Performs cashier duties using the POS system.
* Perform general cleaning duties; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
* Provides service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
* Cashiers according to established procedures, maintaining cash accuracy with receipts. Makes deposits at the end of each shift.
* Inventories and restocks supplies and food products.
* Sets up serving line, ensuring temperatures are taken, recorded and within acceptable ranges; notifies cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
* Serves hot and cold items to customers.
* Sets up items for purchase on daily basis.
* Keeps refrigerator stocked and product rotated using the first in, first out rule.
* Stocks pantries with correct par levels of food items on a daily basis. Records replenished amounts on floor stock form for each unit. Records refrigerator temperatures on floor stock form daily.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 430605