We Are Hiring
Office Opperations Assistant- Occupational Health
- Full Time Monday through Friday
Why Join Ascension:
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent's East, and St. Vincent's St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
About Occupational Health
At Ascension, our occupational health service teams examine how your employees' professional environment and personal health can affect their on-the-job performance. We make on-site visits to your workplace to ensure employee safety and make recommendations to help prevent potential injuries. Our goal is to treat each patient with dignity and respect, to gather and communicate information thoughtfully, and to restore patients to health with compassion.
We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Possible fractures requiring x-rays
- Lacerations requiring sutures
- Foreign object in eyes
- Chemical exposures/blood and body fluid exposures
- Muscle strains
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Drug screenings/alcohol testing:
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) evaluation
- Five and ten-panel drug screens
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals
What you will do:
As an Office Operations Assistantwith St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to workin a customer service capacity providing administrative and clerical support to patients and customers in a medical setting.
- Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
- Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
- Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
- Provides general office and clerical support to assigned area.
What you will need:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years in a clinic setting preferred
- Customer service background preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify(link to E-verify site)