Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Loss Prevention Officer will ensure that the resort guests, associates, and resort property are maintained in a safe and secure environment
- Performs security-related rounds of the resort as follows:
- All restaurants
- All lobby areas and the Associate Entrance
- Convention Center, Banquet level
- All guest floors
- Executive/Sales/Operations Offices
- Service levels. (Back of the house areas)
- Guest and associate parking areas
- Golf course and related grounds maintenance facilities
- Red Oak Lake
- Hiking trails (as required)
- Other resort exterior areas (as required)
- Visits all locations requiring special attention as frequently as required.
- Responds immediately to those emergency incidents and security-related requests to which he/she is assigned.
- Ensures maximum guest, associates, and resort safety and security at all times.
- Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing resort policies and procedures.
- Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the resort, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Security procedures.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Loss Prevention Supervisor and/or Director of Loss Prevention and responds to directions from any Executive Committee member, Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Creates and maintains the highest standards of security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance, and application.
- Checks associates leaving and entering the resort at the beginning and end of shift, or at any time when an associate leaves the resort. Collects all package passes and inspects parcels taken from the resort.
- Monitors the Security of the receiving dock.
- Confiscates all unauthorized parcels etc., and notifies the Director of Loss Prevention and the appropriate department head.
- Checks all I.D's of the resort staff and provides information and direction upon proper identification of all job applicants, salesmen, etc. Notifies the department head involved for permission for non-staff personnel to enter the premises. Does not leave assigned station unless properly relieved as specified by the Loss Prevention Supervisor. Performs all necessary clerical requirements of the Loss Prevention Department under the supervision of the Loss Prevention Manager. This includes filing, processing work orders, ordering supplies, maintaining necessary schedules, and posting bulletin board information.
- Protects the resort from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
Qualified candidates will preferably have previous experience in a loss prevention/security role. Additionally, candidates must
meet the following criteria:
- High School diploma or G.E.D (or an equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.)
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Able to maintain a calm demeanor and make sound decisions during times of heightened stress.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Average degree of computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.