Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
Serves as member of a team responsible for performing maintenance activities for the golf course. At times, this position may also be assigned to participate in maintenance of resort grounds, roadsides, landscaping, facilities, and equipment.
- Must be well-mannered, greet guests and employees when encountered, and show appreciation to the guest for being at the resort, show willingness to help guests and employees at all times.
- Use walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping.
- Clean and maintain equipment that is used. Treat all equipment with care and respect. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mow greens, tees, fairways, and rough. Rake bunkers. Weedeat and push mow bunker faces.
- Set cups and move tee markers.
- Hand-water greens and tees. Help with irrigation repairs.
- Perform light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e. cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Use mops and brooms.
- Report problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Take appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
- Paint and maintain buildings. Perform light carpentry work, as needed.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepare beds for planting of materials. Pull weeds. Use hose to water plantings.
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in snow removal processes.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Attend monthly departmental meetings
- Various small hand tools and powered specialty mowing equipment
- Blowers, sweepers, and other specialty equipment
ENVIRONMENT: In and out doors setting, sun, heat, cold, snow, and rain.
- Experience in Golf Course Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance and/or Landscaping preferred.
- Knowledge of game of golf is preferred.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral forms.
- Ability to work independently and in team setting.
- Ability to interact well with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in safe manner.
- Ability to learn new equipment and procedures.