Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
Be a key part of the leadership team driving operational excellence for Omni Hotels & Resorts - a luxury hotel brand known for its outstanding cuisine, award-winning service and vibrant culture. The Executive Chef is responsible for ensuring a sensational culinary experience for our clientele and associates at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort & Spa. This role ensures guests have an exceptional culinary experience by developing a modern and contemporary approach to culinary that meets the needs of the present-day traveler while also differentiating the Omni brand. For this key leadership position, we are open to considering all candidates. The position includes oversight of all food production for significant Banquet and Catering functions. This dynamic and inventive environment requires a leader who has exceptional skills in menu creation, organization, inter-departmental collaboration, creativity, food cost management, health and safety codes, and employee relations. The Executive Chef is responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls. The Executive Chef will also advise the Director of Food & Beverage on all matters relating to the kitchen areas. He/she will also ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- To assist the Food and Beverage Director in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc.. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Agree with other Food and Beverage Department managers on the market potential for food outlets relating to the market competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, plan and implement menu design, creating suitable dishes and passing standards recipes to the food & beverage controller for costing.
- To work with the Food and Beverage Director with capital expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- To create recipes and production methods.
- To compile new banquet and wedding menus when required.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors food production/offering.
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- Be a liaison to the marketing team to promote all Omni and Bedford Springs events.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime.
- Recruit for all culinary positions with the assistance of the HR department through job fairs, culinary schools, and any other resource available.
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with personnel and the food and beverage director.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out!
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general correspondence/filing and records.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within the hotel.
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- Minimum 10 years in hotel culinary operations
- Must have experience in menu planning, purchasing, managing the kitchen staff and inventory
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Certification of apprenticeship program or Culinary certification
- Serve-Safe Certification will be required prior to the start of employment
- Candidate must have at least 5 years' experience in an Executive Chef kitchen management capacity and excellent knowledge of current culinary trends
- Must be competent in culinary creativity and client relations as demonstrated by a tasting
- Strong knowledge of food cost and inventories
- Candidate must have good knowledge of computers (i.e: Excel & Word).
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach associates importance of, and how to interact with, internal/external guests and professionally solve challenges
- Ensure all safety and security policies are followed
- Experience managing payroll, operating within budgeted guidelines