Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Door Attendant is responsible for greeting all incoming guests, coordinating bellman and valet calls from the front desk and PBX, assigning necessary tasks to Guest Service Agents and assisting all arriving and departing guests in a positive, helpful, friendly manner while keeping the front drive area clean and presentable.
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately and remains alert, courteous, and helpful to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Greet guests immediately, pleasantly and with undivided attention.
- Act as leader of Guest Services, such as by communicating needed tasks to next available Guest Service Agent and ensure that tasks are being completed in an efficient manner.
- Communicate needs or concerns (i.e. equipment, scheduling suggestions, etc) to management team.
- Follow all Loss Prevention procedures regarding guest property; absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Ensure that bell stand/front drive and bell closet areas are clean and organized; that associates are posted with no inappropriate behavior occurring and that valet tickets and water cooler are well stocked.
- Keeping track of any guest issues that may be brought to their attention and offering compensation when necessary and passing along relevant information to front desk staff.
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule; follows procedures for clocking in and out, completion of time edit sheets, and PTO request forms, if applicable.
- Must be able to push and pull large bell carts along with lifting heavy luggage in and out of vehicles. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Cross-training in and communication with PBX, Concierge, front desk, Guest Services
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Preferred experience driving stick/manual vehicles
- Preferred experience or education in hospitality or the service industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to act as an effective leader
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to work in all types of weather