Under direct supervision, perform a variety of designated housekeeping duties in the various hospitals, clinics and houses, following routine or established procedures.
- Clean assigned areas by washing furnishing, walls, floors and equipment with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent spread of disease.
- Sanitize and polish sinks, mirrors, tubs and similar equipment.
- Replenish supplies of soap, towels and other dispensable items.
- Strip, wash and make beds in prescribed manner following correct discharge procedures.
- Collect soiled linen and transport to appropriate storage area.
- Empty waste baskets and ashtrays and arrange furniture in an orderly manner.
- Collect trash and infectious waste and dispose properly.
- Move furniture, supplies and miscellaneous related items.
- Clean mirrors, ledges, vents, light fixtures, fire extinguisher, cabinets, baseboards, bathroom fixtures and corners.
- Vacuum carpets and dust blinds.
- Spot and steam clean carpets.
- Refinish tile floors.
- Steam clean beds, stretchers and gurneys, and other rolling-stock equipment as assigned.
- Report mechanical failures and negative conditions as observed.
- At the end of shift, return unused supplies to utility rooms, leave soiled linen and trash in designated areas and clean cart and equipment.
- Follow established infection control protocol in terms of observing universal precautions and isolation cleaning procedures.
- Identify safety issues and report them as soon as possible to their immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Housekeeping (environmental hygiene) experience.
License, Certification, Registration
• Must be able to understand oral & written communication
• Able to stand and walk majority of shift, and ability to lift, bend, reach and twist repetitively.
• Able to lift 35 pounds frequently, 60 pounds occasionally, and push carts weighing up to 350 lbs.
• Commercial/Medical housekeeping experience.
+ Locations: Beaverton Med/Dental, Tualatin Med, Tigard Dental, Cedar Hills Med/Dental, Tanasbourne.
+ On the job, Sunset Med, Tanasbourne Med/Dental, Hillsboro Med & Aloha Dental.
TITLE: Aide, Housekeeping
LOCATION: Beaverton, Oregon
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.