Job Location: Maryland - Baltimore, MD
Pompeian is America’s first and largest national brand of imported quality olive oils and gourmet vinegars. We are olive oil people at our core. With quality as our focus, we cherish each harvest and care for every drop. Olive oil and its potential to bring people health and happiness is what inspires us. We share our love and passion for olive oil with the world through each and every bottle we produce.
The maintenance mechanic will work directly with machine operators and manufacturing personnel to resolve mechanical issues that arise during the shift. You will be working to not only respond to machine stoppages and troubleshooting, but also focusing on root causes for issues and the prevention of future downtime. This position consists of repairing and maintaining all production and facility equipment, new equipment installations, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical/pneumatic systems using schematics and technical drawings
- Repair equipment, systems, conveyors and other equipment
- Modify, lubricate, diagnose, and operate equipment
- Repair electrical system defects (i.e. junction boxes, seal tight, conduit connections, terminal strips / blocks, wiring connections)
- PM, diagnose, and resolve electric motor and drive issues
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs during machine service
- Conduct preventive maintenance tasks (PM’s), diagnose, and replace production equipment sensors (i.e., photo eyes, limit switches, proximity sensors, pressure switches) as needed
- Use PLC’s for routine troubleshooting
- Perform basic programming with Allen Bradley PLC
- Coordinate and collaborate with representatives from outside groups such as up and down stream department leaders, operators, and other personnel
- Work independently and with other team members to complete repairs timely and safely
- Understand and follow plant safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation; Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Complete required general sanitation and housekeeping duties in all assigned areas and maintain tools in an orderly fashion and in a safe operating state
- Complete and maintain company required paperwork and maintenance records for identified equipment
- Perform other related duties assigned by management.
- 5+ years as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Equivalent preferred
- Trade school or Technical Degree preferred
- Experience working with filling and packaging equipment
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work 10-12 hour shifts, day or night, and weekends
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work may involve frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes/boots, and safety gloves. All employees must comply with the GMP rules and wear company issued uniforms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull great weights with assistance.