Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Workplace by FB is looking for a Head of Technology Alliances to extend and enhance the Workplace ecosystem with strategic SaaS ISV partners. This role will be responsible for leading the team which is focused on scoping the technical integration and go-to-market with and through the technology partners globally. This role and her/his team will be responsible for the integration strategy and execution of high-potential alliances which will include helping to identify the key technology platforms for WP to integrate. Interacting with partner sales engineers, product management, product engineering, support leads and executives. Engaging with cross functional product marketing, product management and engineering teams within Workplace. Nurturing of all aspects of the partner relationship go-to-market and marketing strategy and building out bilateral commercial models, inclusive of bilateral revenue targets, reselling or OEM. The ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background that enables them to easily analyze and recommend the right type of integration and GTM models for the Workplace team to leverage. They will help drive partner development at the individual contributor level through the VP/SVP level within the partner and within the Workplace team. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Additionally, they will build and execute 2-way initiatives that measurably grow and accelerate the adoption, lead generation and bookings via Workplace’s technical/product mindshare within and through those partner organizations.
1. Build out and lead the technology alliances team and strategy for the Workplace ecosystem.
2. Strategize and prioritize product integrations and present supporting business cases to the WP product, engineering and management teams.
3. Work closely with the WP product organization to help define user experiences and integration priorities with partners.
4. Ability to influence/guide a technology partner on how to leverage/integrate/embed/OEM the WP platform into their product.
5. Ensure the Technology Alliances team works closely with the WP sales, solution architects, customer success and to broker account mapping and counterparts at the key ISVs and nurture those field level relationships.
6. Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partner’s current areas of focus as well as potential new areas for product or platform expansion.
7. Drive enablement and technical Go-To-Market initiatives with strategic ISVs alliance partners with a focus on measurably growing and accelerating partner-referred lead generation and bookings via the ISV product and technical teams.
8. Work with the Workplace Partner Success team to build out the right internal enablement programs so as to drive curriculum development and delivery of technical enablement across Tier 1 and Tier 2 partners.
9. US-domestic and international travel required, for on-site technical enablement of the aforementioned partner teams. Potential of upwards of 40% travel will be required.
10. A technical leader who can influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
11. Up-to-date on trends and key companies in the collaboration, communications, and enterprise platform space.
12. 8+ years of relevant Technology Alliances and Business Development experience in building ecosystems with a focus on B2B commercial/enterprise offerings.
13. Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts Degree.
14. Experience with enterprise SaaS and IT vendors (software/hardware) and their strategies/business models.
15. Experience in working with and driving initiatives in a highly matrix/cross functional environment.
16. Exceptional communication skills, with experience communicating effectively to technical leads, pre-sales, solution architects, business development leaders, executives, product managers, engineers and global system integrator professionals.
17. Highly organized and detail oriented.
18. Experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan.
19. Technical experience understanding software and formulating areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
20. Experience handling multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
21. Experience running quickly and adapting to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
22. MBA or advanced degree.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.