Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
Assumes the responsibilities of the Director in his absence. These responsibilities include the maintenance and operation of the golf course as well as all communication with management and related departments.
- Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
- Assists Director with any construction projects.
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
- Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment in the best interest of owner.
- Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
- Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
- Must be available for flexible scheduling
- Assist in administering payroll to ensure associates are paid accurately and on time.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training, coaching and evaluating the performance of GCM associates.
- Experience in golf course and turf management is required.
- A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
- Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
- Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
- Valid Drivers license.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .