Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
To provide administrative support to the Sales Department. To support the Director of Sales & Marketing and assigned Sales Managers with day to day operations and to ensure communication in their absence.
- Schedule & prioritize work load to meet deadlines of all managers
- Type and distribute all correspondence, including proposals, booking notices, letters, contracts, etc. for assigned managers, ensuring that all correspondence is 100% accurate
- Utilize Delphi correctly, to ensure managers are able to accurately track, book and follow-up on all accounts/bookings
- Assist Sales Team with all Site preparation and support with sales kits / brochures etc
- Assist managers with sales calls and participate in sites, FAMs, trade shows and other related market events as required
- Assist Sales with collecting & routing favours (e.g. rooms/loyals/VIPs/upgrades) for individual reservations through the Group Reservations Coordinator. Confirmed Group requests go through Group Reservations Coordinator/Conference Services Manager
- Maintain account/booking files and ensures that all information is included in file, i.e. accurate traces, turnover-checklist, history, letters, emails, deposits, letters, etc
- Ensures that all managers receive messages in a timely manner. (Messages to include name and phone number of caller, date and time call received)
- Coordinated general office functions
- Liaise with other hotel departments to help ensure Sales clients' needs are met/exceeded
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Previous catering, convention services, or sales support experience preferred in a large convention hotel. Other relevant event, meeting planning, or hotel operations experience will be considered.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems, with developed computer proficiencies. Delphi experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Customer service oriented with a desire to create memorable guest experiences.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including but not limited to, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Position requires the ability to sit and engage in repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for extended periods of time or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule primarily daytime hours, Monday-Friday, with the flexibility to work weekends if needed.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .