Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Housekeeping and Rooms Division operations. The person selected will spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel. This position is intended to last for one year so candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- To effectively perform job functions of various front office, ideal services guest services, reservations and housekeeping positions. To complete LID learning contracts and perform assigned management functions to aid in management development initiatives.
- Completion of LID learning contracts; scheduling appointments with contract resources and completing monthly LID progress report.
- Be familiar with housekeeping systems and equipment; to include daily reports and PDQ standards.
- Execute room inspections according to standards.
- Be familiar with all systems and equipments as related to the Front Office (EPITOME, Nucleus, GoConcierge, Synergy, Vingcard Vision, Two-Way Radio Dispatch, ISD Firepanel ).
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Assist with initial and continued training of all line level front office associates - conducting MOS audits and on the spot coaching as needed.
- Assist with shift coverage in the event of call-offs of staff.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively adhering to the service recovery process.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all front desk procedures to include check-in/check-out, cash handling, parking validation, folio adjustments, payment procedures, room blocking, AM/PM checklist, etc.
- Maintain Four Diamond Standards of guest service.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Previous hotel experience, preferably in a role that required leadership.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program.
- Previous Housekeeping or Rooms Division experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to work 50 hours per week. Flexible schedule required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time (to include entire shift). Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull/carry up to 75lbs. Requires frequent bending, squatting and reaching overhead.
- Self motivated with ability to manage deadlines.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .