Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
Responsible for ensuring all guests receive friendly, courteous, quality, and timely experience through food and beverage table service while adhering to corporate policies and procedures on restaurant dining standards and compliance to all liquor liability laws.
- Greet all guests entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile, prompt response, courteous manner, and with superior customer service.
- In the absence of a host/ess: seat guests in a courteous and timely manner by finding a clean, available table, pulling out chairs, and presenting all relevant menus.
- Answer phone in a prompt and courteous manner with a smile, redirect calls to other departments when necessary, assist in taking and recording In-Room Dining orders, and take and record all restaurant reservations and inform the management staff of all large party reservations
- Accurately maintain all guest checks in accordance with check and cash handling procedures
- Familiar with daily specials, soups, buffet displays, and menu offerings in order to respond to all guest inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Deliver courteous, prompt, and excellent service to all guests in accordance with corporate service standards and operating procedures
- Responsibility, knowledge, and compliance of liquor liability laws and fine dining service procedures of beverages.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell
- Restock side station and server lines with all necessary equipment, condiments, and food items prior to and at end of each shift
- Reset tables according to event, meal period and service standards, ensuring each item is clean, polished, and neatly aligned, including china, glass, condiments, chairs, and linens
- Keep restaurant area clean, organized, and tidy at all times
- Complete all side-work and cleaning tasks during each shift
- Assist the host/ess and dining room attendants when necessary
- If applicable: maintain, count and balance assigned bank every shift and secure it in an assigned bank box
- Complete all shift paperwork, cash drops, and check control procedures
- Protect the corporation, associates, and the guests by adhering to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies
- Participate in monthly OST meetings, scheduled training, and attend associate rallies
- Perform any other assigned duties by management
- 1 year serving experience preferred, previous fine dining experience preferred
- Food Handler and TABC certified
- Knowledge of Micros operations system and cash handling procedures preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, and a pleasant and positive personality
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritize
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or duration of shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
- Must live within 50 miles of the hotel
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .