Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
Responsible for overseeing the operations of resort activities and special events including evening planning, project management, staffing and leading select programs and activities for resort guests.
- Conceive and implement year-round programming for resort guests, utilizing safe, fun and interactive hands-on activities that entertain, inform and offer relaxation for guests.
- Responsible for working with other Resort and Club departments to create and implement activities and special events including, but not limited to:
o Adult spirit tastings and culinary experiences
o Nature hikes and fitness activities
o Unique spa experiences
o Family and kids programming
o Interactive games and competitions
o Live concerts, theatrical experiences and seasonally themed programs
- Formulate, maintain and supervise all departmental policies, procedures, regulations and standards within established state licensing guidelines and resort policy.
- Participate in the marketing of activities and events including resort email campaigns, brochures, Omnihotels.com and logo items.
- Facilitate ongoing upgrading and expansion of all activities including those for families and children as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with back up activities in a pre-assigned indoor facility for guests when there is inclement weather.
- Responsible for maintaining financial and program records relating to recreational activities, events, programs, etc.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training third-party vendors
- Oversee planning, assigning, and directing work, conducting performance appraisals and all aspects of performance management for staff.
- Address complaints and concerns from members and guests and resolve any problems for resort activities and programming.
- Must attend regular marketing and departmental meetings to attain and disburse useful information, and report on a regular basis to the executive team on all important issues.
- Oversee revenue forecasting, budgeting expenditures and tracking.
- Administer payroll for staff ensuring associates are paid accurately.
- Attend company training as required.
- Assist in leading programming meetings delegating to supporting departments
- Champion the Power of One/Omni culture.
- Minimum 3 years producing events a recreational environment, managing a wide range of staff (children to adults) in a hotel, resort or country club setting.
- Staff supervisory experience is required.
- Must have flexibility with work schedule, including willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be CPR/Child Infant and CPR/AED certified, or must obtain certification upon hire.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift moderate weight.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Indoor facilities and resort.
- Outdoor with exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
- Frequent travel around property.
Tools & Equipment:
- Microsoft Office
- Children's play equipment
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .