Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
The Restaurant Line Cook prepares all cold food items and assists as necessary throughout the kitchen. This person is responsible for the consistency and quality production and the preparation of daily requisition for food area and daily rotation of food for all outlets.
• Keeps all walk-ins, pantry, and prep areas clean.
• Has everything in place for day's business for banquets and outlets.
• Fills out requisition for the day and the following day.
• Works according to priorities for banquets.
• Checks with Executive Chef daily for any special products or preparation.
- Turn off all equipment when leaving
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned stations.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food. Preparation and holding temperatures of all hot foods.
- Production of orders - lunch, dinner, lobby bar and overnight menus.
- Previous Culinary experience required, preferably in a hotel or fast paced restaurant environment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays.
- Must have valid Food Handler certificate.
- Must live within 50 miles of the hotel.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .